Delicious bean casserole + green pesto + whole grain baguette
Ingredients for bean casserole:
- 200 g Borlotti beans, cooked*
- 800 g Grounded pork
- 1 red Chili
- 1 red Onion, large
- 1 Garlic
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 can/400 g Organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 can/400 g Heinz cream of Tomato soup
- 2 tsp Garam Masala ( or after taste)
- Salt, pepper (after taste)
* I cooked beans night before and stored in a fridge, so it saves you a lot of time next day
Ingredients for green pesto:
- 250 g baby spinach
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime (fresh squeezed juice from it)
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt (after taste)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add chopped onion, garlic and chili. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring once in a while.
- Add grounded pork, Garam Masala and salt. Continue to cook until meat is browned.
- Take a casserole dish and add cooked meat, beans, crushed tomatoes and Heinz cream of Tomato soup. Add extra salt and spices, if necessary.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, let’s make some fresh green pesto. I know, the best pesto is made in mortar, but as a busy ( and a bit lazy 😀) woman, I used a food processor and it came out perfect.
Just add all ingredients to food processor and pulse until you get a smooth consistency. For more silky texture, add more oil.
Serve with a fresh baked baguette!