The last couple of days I have struggled with some really bad cold. So I haven’t been able to make something worth to share with you! But today I finally decided to bake something easy and delicious (because I’m still not in the shape to spend more than an hour in my kitchen 😊). Let me introduce you to these traditional Danish Buns (in Denmark they are called “boller”).
Believe me, EVERYONE will Love These!
- 500 g All-Purpose Flour
- 25 g Yeast
- 100 g butter, melted
- 2 medium eggs
- 250 ml milk/water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 220C (220C with fan program)
- Melt butter in a pot, add milk or water and let it get slightly warm ( ~37C). Remove to a mixer bowl
- Add yeast, sugar and slightly whipped eggs. Mix it all together
- Add flour and mix everything again until dough is very steady
- Cover the bowl and Let the dough rise in a warm, draft free location approx. 30 minutes
- Form “boller” and set them on a baking pan covered with parchment paper
- If you have time, let them rise again (I skipped this step)
- Brush the buns with water or some whipped egg
- Bake for ~10-12 minutes
Enjoy your BOLLER with some fresh jam!