It’s a lazy Sunday morning and I wanted to enjoy it with some sweet and fluffy pancakes. They are a delicious treat for me and my family and they make our weekend mornings more special. It’s like a self made extra celebration!
This time I got inspired from Kitchen Stories Fluffy Apple Pancakes and I’m so happy to share it with you guys, adding a little Egita’s twist 😊
- 140 g all-purpose flour
- 30 g graham flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 lime (juice)
- 40 g almonds
- 40 g hazelnuts
- 90 g sugar (40 g for caramelized nuts, 50 g for pancake batter)
- 2 eggs
- 180 ml milk
- 1 medium apple, grated
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Butter for frying
- In a frying pan heat lime juice and 40 g of sugar over medium-low heat, stirring often. Once sugar has melted, add nuts and cook until they are caramelized. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl add all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, rest of sugar) and whisk together.
- Separate eggs. Set egg yolks aside. Beat egg whites in a stand mixer until firm peaks form.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg yolks and milk. Sift in flour mixture and mix well, until batter is smooth and with no lumps.
- Fold beaten egg whites into the batter and add grated apple and vanilla extract. Stir well to combine.
- Heat some butter in a frying pan on MEDIUM heat. Cook pancakes until golden brown.
- Transfer to serving plate and top with caramelized nuts, fresh fruits/berries and maple syrup.
Enjoy your Sunday!