I know, I know… a lot of you will probably be shocked about this recipe. And , if I have to be honest, at one point of the whole process I really felt like a Hannibal Lector 😀.
But if we look at the health benefits of pork liver, they are pretty amazing. So eating liver once in a while is actually good for you. High in Vitamin A and iron , and containing protein, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2. These elements are good for your eye health, energy levels and cell development. And the most important, this pork organ is so easy to cook. You can find a really great article about Pork Liver pros and cons here.
But now, let’s cook some liver!
- 500 g pork liver
- 3 eggs
- 50 g milk
- 5 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 150C
- Wash pork liver thoroughly with cold water, cut into large pieces and grate in a kitchen machine
- In a large bowl, add grated liver, milk, flour, eggs, salt and pepper, and mix all together until smooth consistency
- In a saucepan, on a medium heat , warm 1 tbsp olive oil
- Using tablespoon, add liver mixture to a saucepan, creating roound shape “pancakes”. Fry until golden brown from both sides and add to a ovenproof skillet. Continue until all liver mixture is used
- Cover skillet with tin foil and poke several air holes. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes
Serving tips: Add horse radish or capers for extra taste.