Have you ever been in a situation, where you need to prepare a delicious dessert, but don’t have a lot of time? Of course, you have! Unexpected guest visit, a party for 20 kids or just your family craving something sweet. I have found a solution! All you need is some puff pastry and a little creativity. And that’s it! All your problems are solved. So my tip for everyone; always keep a stack of frozen puff pastry in your freezer.
My latest recipe is just simply amazing! Puff Pastry Rolls with Ricotta and Fresh Berries – taste it and fall in love!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry like this
- 100 g Ricotta cheese
- 100 g Soya cuisine
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 50 g dark 80% chocolate
- Different berries (I used strawberries and blackberries)
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Wrap each cone tightly in the non-stick aluminum foil, covering it completely and tucking any excess foil into the cone cavity; set aside
- Take puff pastry sheet and slice along the length into equal strips about 1-2 cm width
- Wrap the strips around the cones, starting at the point of the cone and wrapping up,overlapping each twist of pastry. If you have extra at the top, cut it off
- Make an egg wash by beating one egg with 2 tbsp water. Brush pastry cones
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and puffy
- Remove from the oven and gently pull out the aluminum foil cones out; allow to cool completely
- Melt chocolate and spread one tablespoon of it in each horn
- Meanwhile, make cream filling by whipping Soya cuisine until peaks form. Add Ricotta cheese, vanilla extract and sugar; stir all ingredients together until smooth consistency
- Fill the cream into the horns and decorate with berries
And here you have your delicious Pastry Horns ready to be served! Decorate with remaining chocolate for extra taste.