I know, I know….it has been a while since I’ve posted last. But finally I am back and would really like to share with this great and super easy recipe for a perfect Sunday family brunch – Soft and fluffy Applesauce Pancakes.
Just a few ingredients (believe it or not, these pancakes don’t contain eggs!) and 15 minutes active cooking time. That’s it!
Ingredients (serves 15-20 medium size pancakes):
- 1 cup(120 g) all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup ( 50 g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (235 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 g) applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (optional)
- butter for cooking
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Add applesauce, water, and vanilla extract; mix well together.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Melt a teaspoon of butter.
- Using a tablespoon, pour batter onto hot pan, forming 4-5 round pancakes, and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Continue until all batter is used.
Tip: Add a cacao powder to a half of your batter, for chocolate taste and look pancakes!
Serve with Applesauce, Maple Syrup or Fresh Berries w/ Honey!
Enjoy your perfect brunch!